Yurta is a yurt inspired structure, exquisitely designed and manufactured locally in Ontario. Unlike other yurts, this design is ultra portable and easy to setup (2 hours by 2 people), and with options for all season insulation and modular expansion.
Our Yurta is a 17′ diameter model that sleeps 2 adults. It’s situated away from the main compound (and the other cabins) to be self-contained and secluded in the woods.
The rental rate is $150 / night (unheated, + $30 for heating), minimum 2 nights, with the below amenities:
- 1 romantic double bed; plus 1 futon / seating.
- 1 outdoor BBQ set with side stove unit
- two 5 gallon and one 1.9 gallon water containers for potable water and washing
- One mini-fridge inside
- 4 sets of plates, cups, utensils; cutting knife, cutting board
- dishwashing: water basins, dish-soap, brush, drying rack
- stove top coffee percolator, 1 pot and 1 skillet
- power for light usage
- 1 portable outhouse
- private outdoor area with two picnic tables and a fire pit
- private lake access; 20 feet away from the water with a continuous solid rock shore (the only one at Washagami Landing)
- extendable coffee table and seating on the inside
- amazing view of the lake right out the window
- canoe is available for $20/day.
*WINTER* The yurt is great for winter camping. The price listed is unheated. Heating is $30/day for wood with a wood burning fireplace. You can also bring your own wood.
*For safety reasons we do not allow open flames (such as gas stove for cooking) in the Yurta.
*If not rented together with our other cottages, Yurta guests do not typically have access to the main compound and its amenities unless invited. Except in emergency or to refill potable water.
*This is a NO SMOKING site, like the rest of Washagami Landing.
*There is power connected to the Yurta for light usage (for example: your electronic gadgets; NOT curling iron, blow dryer, etc.). However, there is no WiFi or cell signal at this location.